Adults certainly aren’t the only ones feeling the stress of living through the COVID-19 pandemic. Kids and teens feel it, too, even though they may show is differently. The way adults interact with kids and teens can have a positive impact on their mental well-being.
Tips to help kids and teens deal with stress:
- Spend time with them in meaningful ways.
- Be a role model for self-care.
- Try to keep up with routines. If schools are closed, create a schedule at home that includes time for learning and fun.
- Limit their exposure to social media, if possible.
- Talk to them about COVID-19 and answer their questions in ways that they can understand.